2013-2014 Teacher Grants
GUIDELINES FOR GRANT APPLICATIONS
Revised as of 1/31/13
The Fountain Valley Educational Foundation will be awarding grants for the 2013-2014 school year in May 16, 2013. The grants will be awarded on a competitive basis. All grants must focus on the California State Content Standards and meet the goals and objectives of the Fountain Valley School District.
All grants will be considered. The following guidelines have been adopted by the Foundation Board. Please read them carefully. Grant applications which do not follow these guidelines will not be eligible.
Guidelines for Allocation of 2013-2014 Grants
- Grant applicants must be a 2012-13 Fountain Valley Educational Foundation member.
- The total amount for Foundation Grants shall be approved by the Foundation Board at their regular meeting in January.
- Individual Grants (up to $300), Multiple Classrooms/Grade Level Grants (up to $750) and Entire School Grants (up to $1,000) may be partially or fully funded.
- Grants should enhance the quality of education for students in the Fountain Valley School District, focus on the California State Content Standards and meet the goals and objectives of the District.
- Grant monies may only be spent in the following categories: Audio Visual Programs and Materials, Consultants, Educational Equipment, Materials and Supplies.
- Grant applicants must be Fountain Valley School District employees.
- All materials purchased with grant money become the property of the Fountain Valley School District.
- Each applicant will be given a current copy of the Grant Guidelines.
- Applicant must use the current year grant application. Grant application may be modified in any given year, therefore, the application must be current.
- Applicants may submit no more than two grants, one individual grant plus one multiple classroom/grade level grant.
- Application Procedures shall be as follows:
- Application forms will be e-mailed to all employees and hard copies made available at all school sites.
- The application form shall consist of three parts to be completed by the applicant:
- 1) a cover page
- 2) the grant application form
- 3) one page proposed budget
- Except for the cover sheet, no names of teachers, schools or principals may appear on the application. Any such reference will disqualify the application.
- For the application to be considered, the following must be submitted to the Superintendentís Office by the deadline date of March 25 by 4:30 p.m. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
- 1) one copy of the cover page
- 2) ten copies of the Grant Application form
- 3) ten copies of the proposed budget
- The Fountain Valley Educational Foundation Board shall adopt a timeline for the grants process at their January Board meeting.
- The proposed timeline for the 2012-2013 grant allocation is as follows:
- February 5, 2013 Grant information shared with principals
- February 6, 2013 Applications Available
- March 25, 2013 Applications due to Superintendentís Office
- April, 2013 Foundation Board meets to approve grants
- May 16, 2013 Grant awards presented at School Board. Meeting (recipient/representative must be present to accept their grant certificate)
- The District shall set up a district account for each funded grant. Any funds expended above the grant amount shall be the responsibility of the grant recipientís school site.
All funds awarded must be expended by March 31, 2014.